Thursday, March 20, 2014

Review/First Impressions: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water


This week I picked up Garnier's "Micellar Cleansing Water" while it was 30% off (around $8). Micellar cleansing water is basically an oil free, very gentle makeup remover. The reason I picked this up is because I have always wanted to try Bioderma's cleansing water but I am yet to justify spending a whopping $29.99 at Priceline. Hopefully Garnier will deliver a similar product with a better price tag! I was a little skeptical about this Garnier product as almost every toner/cleanser from Garnier I've tried has broken me out. I have to say.... I really love this product! I have sensitive eyes and any oil based makeup remover I've tried somehow always gets into my eyes and makes removing my makeup a less than enjoyable experience. This I am very pleased to say hasn't irritated my skin or eyes whatsoever. I used 2 cotton rounds to remove each eyes makeup with little rubbing. It has removed all of my makeup (I don't wear waterproof mascara) like a breeze. This product leaves my skin feeling soft (not oily), although I would follow it up with my usual cleanser/toner/moisturiser.  I will definitely be adding this one to my regular skincare routine. Would recommend, 4.5/5.

14 comments:

  1. I wish we had this in the States! Thanks for the follow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a product I have had my eye on for a while! I think I would use it mostly for removing my eye makeup as it looks like it does a wonderful job. Here in the UK, we can pick this up for around £3 so it's definitely pricier in Australia but still a much better deal that Bioderma! xx

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much everything here is more expensive than most other countries :( That is a great price for you though! :) It really did do a great job at removing my eye makeup (just keep in mind I don't wear water-proof mascara so I'm not too sure how well it would work with that)
      Thanks for taking the time to comment :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. I've seen this all over blogs, but I have yet to see it in person. It looks great!

    Rosie@ A Delicate Rosie Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone is trying out because of bioderma :)
      Thanks for commenting, really means a lot :)
      xxx

      Delete
  4. What a nice blog you have here and great post, I wish we can follow each other and if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I have really tried to put a lot of effort into my blog and posts! :) I just followed you on bloglovin, I think it's great to support other bloggers :)
      Thanks for commenting :)
      xxx

      Delete
  5. thanks for the review. I am looking for a good and an alternative to my Bioderma to remove eye makeup, especially for my waterproof mascara. I will have to check this out.

    New follower from the blog hop :)

    Check out my international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get back to me and tell me how it stands up to Bioderma if you do decide to give the Garnier one a try!
      Thanks for the comment :)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check my latest blog post for more information! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just repurchased this today, such a good buy..I'd be lost without it now!

    Would love it if you could look at my blog and even follow!
    http://candidlychloe0912.blogspot.co.uk/

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, It removes makeup without an issue.

    Nashia
    MakeupandBeautyMayhem

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    น้ำตบ

    ReplyDelete