Sunday, April 26, 2015

Jamie Eason's 12 Week Live Fit: Phase 1 review and progress pics

 Phase 1:

During phase 1 the program is aimed at building a foundation of muscle to boost metabolic rate (more muscle = greater calories burned at rest). I really enjoyed the workouts and completed all for the month! 

On average I burned between 150-200 calories per workout (20-30 mins), which is less than I usually would at the gym, but I wasn't doing any cardio. While doing this program I ate between 1200-2000 calories per day (eating clean most of the time). In the next phase I will be sticking to a very strict diet to attempt to reach the goals I am striving for. 

I have taken full body progress pictures, but I will not be posting those until I have completed the full 12 weeks. I really wanted to see some arm/back progress so I photographed the back of my arm before I started and when I finished the 4th week. Throughout the 1st phase my weight fluctuated, I lost 2kg one week, then gained it back. It was extremely frustrating. In the end I lost no weight whatsoever and was feeling unmotivated to continue. Luckily I took my measurements for fashion at school about a week before I started the program! I compared the measurements and I have lost 2cm from my hips (which is where the most of my body fat has accumulated). This proves to me that the scales aren't everything! I most likely have lost a little bit of fat, while putting on a little bit of muscle. 

I am excited to start phase 2 now and am hoping I will lose a few kg from adding cardio!



Start
End of phase 1

1 comment: