Friday, May 2, 2014

Garnier Moisture Match Review!



Before I start this review I would just like to mention that I am in no way saying that everyone will have the same results as I did with these products. I have combination-normal, fair, teenage skin. I bought all of these products with my own money and these are completely my own opinions. Enjoy :)





Blue: "normal to dry skin, light softening cream"


I actually quite like this moisturiser. It isn't too heavy, but it is heavier than some moisturisers on the market.  It is dewy but not too greasy and it smells great. This one I would probably use during the night as it doesn't have any SPF. I would recommend this for people with normal to dry skin (as the bottle says). This is a good all-round moisturiser in my oppinion. It claims to have blue lotus extract in it which I researched, apparently it is an anti-inflammatory and helps neutralise free radicals. You can read more about blue lotus here.
I may repurchase this product.



Yellow: "normal skin, illuminating light lotion"


Straight up, I don't like this moisturiser. It does moisturise (when first applying it) and it is dewy (maybe a little too dewy for my liking). The thing I don't like about this is is dries out my skin throughout the day. After wearing this I have dry skin patches on my nose and near my mouth area. I tried it for a while, off and on because I thought it may have been something else causing the dryness, but no, it was the moisturiser. Now this is very disappointing as it is the only one from the range with SPF. Now this product has lemon extract. I thought this was strange as I had read on the internet that lemon is not good to put on your face during the day, because it magnifies the UV rays. I am not sure if the lemon EXTRACT it the same, but it may be worth looking into. (please note I am not a dermatologist and I don't know too much about the lemon extract, it is just something I found unusual).
I wouldn't recommend this product and I wouldn't repurchase this product.



Pink:"dry to very dry skin, ultra-rich hydrating cream"


I like this moisturiser also. It definitely is rich and very moisturising. It smells nice and has a nice consistency. I would use this as a night cream if I was having dry skin problems. I wouldn't use it every night as I have teenage skin and too much heavy moisturiser of any kind would most likely break me out. In saying that, the nights I did use this it didn't break me out (keep in mind it wasn't consecutive nights). I would recommend this for people with very dry or mature skin. It claims to have Camelia extract in it, I couldn't find anything about "Camelia" online. I could only find "Camellia sinensis" and I am not sure if it is the same thing. 
I may repurchase this product.



Green:"combination to oily skin, mattifying fresh cream"


I am on the fence about this one. When applying it, it is almost as if it is rolling up as you rub it in. This is hard to explain. Imagine you have sunburn peeling and you rub it, it would start balling up on your hand. This is sort of what it feels like when I apply it. I don't particularly like the smell, but I don't hate it either. When it is on my skin by itself it doesn't look very matte. But when it is under makeup is does make it a tad less shiny, but not a noticeable amount. It claims to have green tea extract in it, green tea has many benefits and you can read more about that here. If you have extremely oily skin this may not work for you as it isn't very matte, the same goes if you have very dry skin as it isn't as moisturising as some. I would recommend this one for people with normal skin.
I probably wouldn't repurchase this product.

13 comments:

  1. That's a lot of moisturizer to try! Thanks for this post, I think I'll try the first blue one out :)
    I'm not following you on bloglovin and gfc, I hope you come check my blog out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It took me ages to finally get this up after trying them all for a while! Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  2. great post, I really want to try the blue one X

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) let me know if you like it (if you end up getting the blue one) :) xo

      Delete
  3. Great review! This must have taken you so long!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    I have a new post everyday!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly-Louise! :) Ill definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  4. Wow this is really an eye opener. A normal consumer would have bought one. If they didn't like the product they got, they would subconsciously rejected the complete line of products. Really interesting!

    xo,
    Kianny Cordon
    Shirts+Jewels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a really interesting point. I guess everyone sort of does that with all the different ranges of products available. Thanks for the comment :) xx

      Delete
  5. I have yellow, blue and green, and i change them up a bit depending on how my skin is that day, and I can say that I love them and think they're great! I haven't any problems with these! I haven't seen these reviewed by any one else so it's nice to see someone else's opinion! I have semi reviewed these on my blog when I've purchased them!
    Love Paige xx
    http://paigenumbereighteen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really quite hard to go off reviews as everyone's skin it totally different. It's interesting to hear how other people feel about the products! Thanks for the comment :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Lovely review!
    I recently got nominated for a Leibster Award, which basically means answering questions on your blog, and I've nominated you for mine! The post and I can be found over at whatkatydidnext.blogspot.co.uk! Its up to you whether you join in or not :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my blog is actually whatkatydidnextxo.blogspot.co.uk :) oops! x

      Delete
  7. Thanks for doing this review, I had never heard of these before and i'm definitely gonna try either the yellow or green! x

    ReplyDelete